Monday, March 24, 2014

I did it!

       Well I started my morning off right. I am using my Weight Watchers app that I have been paying for, but not using, to help me keep track of my food intake. I started off with an English muffin cut in half and toasted, both sides topped with an egg.

       After breakfast I started my school work, Intro to Biology, so I could get a head before class started. My professor likes to speed talk and ramble on about biology stuff. After class I shuffled over to my lab. I don't know what it is, but I am sure having trouble in that class. We took our quiz, which I failed yet another one, then listened to his incessant babbling, and finally got to work on the lesson. We had to list the phylum of certain animals, write a description, then write some facts.The whole time I was spacing off thinking of when I get home I was going to hit the track at the park, and boy did I, but first I stopped at Subway and got me a 3" turkey sub with no cheese, no dressing, just meat and veggies.

    I snatched up the kids when they got home from school and raced over to the park. I let my daughter take her bike, won't do that again, and for some reason, I just took off jogging. Here I am 277 pounds, have not exercised in a dogs age and I just take off. I was able to jog about a quarter of a mile before I had to switch to walking. Here is the thing, I did not stop. If I was not jogging I was walking. I kept telling myself, "You can do it." I also was remembering back when I was 17 and overweight, surprise, I was joining the Army and my recruiter would take me to the gym 4 days a week. The very first day he had me jogging. When I stopped, he was behind me with his hand on my back pushing me as he was jogging, "Move it DEPer (Delayed Entry Program). That kept me motivated.

       Now, there were also some terrible thoughts going through my head too. What if my heart just exploded right here on the track where grandmas and grandpas were walking? Where kids were playing on the playground or walking with mom?  Well that did not happen. But, what about when I was done, what if I got home and kicked the bucket after I got cooled down and showered? Since you are reading this, that did not happen either.

       When all was said and done, I jogged half a mile and walked .86 of a mile. I felt I could have gone more, but the sides of my lower leg were killing me. Like shin splints, only on the outsides. We got back in the car and went home. Before I went in the house, I stretched out my legs and ankles; then I showered, and upon exiting the bathroom, I could not help but smile. I did it!

Can't wait for tomorrow!





No comments:

Post a Comment